Webinars Just for Appraisers
from Appraiser Law – Peter Christensen
I am presenting a series of free video webinars about legal topics just for California and Washington appraisers. I discuss many of the subjects covered in my book Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms. The webinars are oriented to appraisers and small appraisal firms in California and Washington because these are the states in which I practice law.
You can read more about the webinars and either register for them or find recordings at the links below.
Webinar “Engagement Agreements for Non-Lending Assignments, Just for California and Washington Appraisers,” February 28, 2020. This webinar covers:
- How to create professional engagement agreements for non-lending appraisal assignments.
- Impress your clients, make sure you get paid, and protect yourself with a well-thought agreement that works with corresponding terms and conditions in your appraisal report.
- How to access my password protected web page with sample engagement agreements I have drafted specifically for California and Washington appraisers.
Recorded webinar “California Legal Update Just for Appraisers,” January 31, 2020. In this webinar, I covered:
- Three new 2020 laws relevant to California appraisers and appraisal firms, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (don’t worry – it’s not bad for appraisers and small firms),
- A 2-minute update on potential “fix-it” legislation relating to AB 5, and
- The most important thing that every California appraiser can do in 2020 in every appraisal report of every type (whether residential, commercial, lending or non-lending) to avoid liability.
Recorded webinar “California AB 5 Just for Appraisers,” January 10, 2020. In this webinar, I covered California AB 5 (the new “gig worker” law) specifically in relation to individual real estate appraisers and small appraisal firms.